Monday, April 9, 2012

I got an Award! Thanks!!!!

So I got this cute award from the girl over at Mostly Nerdy Crochet! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I am so happy that so many people are able to enjoy my patterns! I just find it so touching that other people enjoy this stuff as much as I do!

Honestly, I started blogging more or less to share with  my other crafter friends across the country, just to keep in touch.

So here are the rules of my award:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it
  • Next, select 5 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
    (Pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself

Here are my Nominees!

Crochet for Free
This blog features two of my favorite things: Crochet and Free! I think I killed a saturday afternoon when I found this blog, and I adore it!

Black and White Side by Side
I found this blog through pinterest, for a valentines recipe, but this blog is SO much more! Fashion, crafts, vintage, and all around fun stuff! This is another blog that I got LOST in!

You Seriously Made That?!
This blog is run by my friend Cami, who I know from way back in High School (gasp!) Her stuff is like wildfire all over pinterest, because its so darn simple but amazingly cute!

The Small Things
Kate is AMAZING! She has inspired SO many of my work-day hairstyles it isn't even funny. Her tutorials rule. Plus she has tons of other fashion and fun stuff to check out!

Charles McKinnon Original Art
This is a blog by a friend of mine who does some art that is just plain cool. I like to check in now and again just to see what he's up to. Plus he did this badass Zombie Portrait of me back at halloween (middle pic)!

Wow, so 7 things about me?

1. I'm a doctor of chiropractic. I know, right? Check me out on my other website doctorhoglen.com! I have a blog there too, which has more to do with healthy recipes and health-related topics. Its a work in progress.

2. I've been a crafter my whole life, but I started to knit and crochet in early 2007 I believe, and I've been an addict ever since!


3. I love dancing and performance. I've had the pleasure of dancing with Tandava Tribal Bellydance and performing with the Players Guild of Dearborn.



4. I'm finding that making a list of 7 facts about me is incredibly challenging!!!! Also, my favorite tv shows are currently: The Walking Dead, Glee, Once Upon a Time, and Face-Off. (which are almost all on a break currently...boo)

5. I'm also an avid runner, and I'm currently looking out the window yearning to go for a quick 5k run in the park!

6. In case crafting, dancing, performing, running, and doctoring weren't enough, I'm also a gamer girl! I'm a PC and Xbox360 gamer, currently enjoying MassEffect3 (multiplayer) and Star Wars: The Old Republic. And to quote Felicia Day "Person about to comment about the [ME3] ending: STOP."

7. I always wish I were a better (read: more patient) seamstress. When I was in high school I made all my own halloween costumes, and I've made several cosplay costumes since, but its doggone hard nowadays. I feel exiled to my little sewing space and I can never seem to finish things in one sitting. I have pinned SO many things on pinterest to sew, and I buy fabric to make things, but do I ever? Nope.

I'm honestly blown away by how many people read, use, and comment on my blog. Thanks so much for following my journey!!!

Oh, and since pinterest comes up so much: follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment