Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baby Basketweave

Just finished another baby blanket! Another one of my friends from grad school & his wife are expecting a baby girl in mid-March.

I knew they were expecting a girl, so I picked up the pink yarn on the Michael's Black Friday sale (which I actually go to at 8pm on Thanksgiving day). It was one of the uber-skeins of Red Heart, and unfortunately I didn't have enough to add a border. Lucky for me, however, that this stitch looks just fine around the edges without it.

I actually found this Basketweave Stitch Tutorial on Pinterest, but it is also available on Ravelry.

If you're not familiar with how to do the FPdc and BPdc sts, check out my tutorial here.

I love the way this works up! Its so warm and comfy, plus the texture looks SO COOL for being such a simple stitch! Plus I found that the little sets of 3 make it pretty brainless and I never lost count. (I HATE it when I am off count at the end of a row and have to figure out where I goofed up.)

Moral of the Story: Cute, Simple, Easy, Fun, and definitely a stitch I'm glad to have in my toolkit!

No comments:

Post a Comment