Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Scarf

So, April asked for a handmade scarf, and since I had this new 11.5mm hook (which I bought for the Grocery-Bag Bag a little while back) I decided to do a nice chunky scarf with it.

I asked her for some colors that she liked, and bought 3 different skeins of the Red Heart Super Saver, my all time favorite (cheap) yarn. One skein black, one pink, and one that was a gradient from blue to purple to green. I used all three yarns together as if they were one.You could also do this with only 2 strands for a less bulky scarf.

The Pattern:
Started with a Ch14, and then 10 triple crochet across. Turn, ch4, triple 10 st. rinse, repeat. Until the damn thing is long enough to go from my ankles, around the back of my neck, and back to my ankles. Then I added a single crochet border around the outside, using just the black, and added fringe on the ends. Tah dah!

1 comment:

  1. If you want, you can also cut the pattern to a more narrow scarf. Ch 11 instead of 14. Triple in the 4th chain from the hook, and in each of the 7 remaining sts across. Turn, ch 4, and continue with the triples.

    ReplyDelete